We love Amazon site for it is convenience, variety, & prices. We also love tricks & tips that help us save money & reap more benefits when shopping the mega on-line store. Here are 10 of our favorite Amazon tricks.
- 1 10. Donate to Charities While You Shop Amazon site
- 2 9. Use the Best Credit Card for Amazon Purchases
- 3 8. Use Amazon Gift Cards to Use Up pre-paid Debit Card Balances
- 4 7. Get Amazon Prime Video Credit & 2-Day Shipping
- 5 6. Get a Refund or Your Prime Membership Extended If Your Package Does not Ship on Time
- 6 5. Get Amazon Add-on Items Delivered Without the $25 Minimum
- 7 4. Get a Price Drop Refund from Amazon
- 8 3. Shop the Amazon Outlet Store
- 9 2. Setup Awesome Extensions for Amazon
- 10 1. Know the Best & Worst Things to Purchase (or “Subscribe & Save”) from Amazon
- 11 Related Posts
- 12 Share this:
10. Donate to Charities While You Shop Amazon site
Here is a simple method to feel great every time you shop at Amazon site: Simply start at AmazonSmile and 0.5% of your buy will automatically be donated by Amazon site to the charity of your choice. There’s likewise a Chrome extension that keeps you from forgetting to begin from the AmazonSmile page.
9. Use the Best Credit Card for Amazon Purchases
Use a credit card that rewards you for buying at Amazon, and it is like saving money on all your purchases. I compared 3 of the best credit cards for Amazon shoppers here (spoiler: I personally use the official Amazon Chase card, however others might be more rewarding).
8. Use Amazon Gift Cards to Use Up pre-paid Debit Card Balances
The problem with pre-paid debit cards is frequently you’re left with a balance that is too small to do anything with. The solution: Purchase an Amazon gift card with that custom amount. It never expires & it prevents you from wasting the rest of the money on your pre-paid card.
My bank likewise has a debit card transactions requirement (something like 12 transactions a month) to obtain a higher interest rate. Buying Amazon gift cards helps me meet that requirement without feeling like I am wasting that money. Do not tell my bank.
7. Get Amazon Prime Video Credit & 2-Day Shipping
Amazon recently started providing Prime members a $1 instant video credit if they select the No-Rush shipping option (5-7 business days) instead of 2-day Prime shipping. There might be a way for you to get both the quick shipping & the video credit.
6. Get a Refund or Your Prime Membership Extended If Your Package Does not Ship on Time
Keep on eye on expected package shipment times. If your package is not delivered at the promised time, you can get either a refund of the shipping costs or, if you are a Prime member, a 1-month extension of your membership.
5. Get Amazon Add-on Items Delivered Without the $25 Minimum
Amazon’s add-on products are deeply discounted, but they require you to invest at least $25 on other products to have them shipped. Here’s the workaround: Include a preorder product to your cart at the same time.
4. Get a Price Drop Refund from Amazon
YMMV, however Amazon may be willing to issue you a refund for the price difference if, within seven days of shipment, an item delivered & sold by Amazon drops in price. Just another reason to monitor Amazon prices on your purchases (perhaps via CamelCamelCamel or your own Google Docs-based price tracker).
3. Shop the Amazon Outlet Store
Amazon normally has competitive prices on stuff, but there are even bigger discounts in it is lesser-known outlet store. Amazon Warehouse Deals offer marked down new & used (refurbished) products that could save you a bunch.
2. Setup Awesome Extensions for Amazon
Supercharge your Amazon buying experience with these web browser extensions, so you can track prices, add stuff to your wish list, & browse items more easily.
1. Know the Best & Worst Things to Purchase (or “Subscribe & Save”) from Amazon
Amazon tends to be cheaper on lots of types of products but not all of them—clothing, diapers, & batteries, for example could best be purchased elsewhere. For Subscribe & Save household products, it might pay to do a comparison yourself between Amazon’s discounted subscription prices and your local warehouse club or grocery store. Or you can consult our list of the best things to get from Subscribe & Save.