- White, petunia-like flowers appear continuously throughout the warm season on broad clumps of tall, upright, woody stems with narrow, elongated, dark green leaves. Plant towards the rear of a border or as an accent in a mixed container. Versatile and adaptable to varied conditions, from wet soils to waterwise gardens. An herbaceous perennial.
- Highly adaptable, but thrives in organically rich, well-drained soil; grows vigorously in wet soils and tolerates moderate drought. Blooms best in full sun. Water deeply, regularly during the first growing season to establish an extensive root system; once established, reduce frequency. Prune back old foliage before new growth emerges in spring.
- Excellent free-blooming plant in large containers. May be grown indoors as a houseplant. Excellent annual flowering plant for areas where it is not winter hardy. It may be effectively grown in bog gardens, as a pond marginal, and in beds and borders.
- Follow a regular watering schedule during the first growing season to establish a deep, extensive root system. Established plants are drought tolerant. Blooms best in full sun. May be hardy to USDA zone 7 with winter protection. For a neat appearance, remove old foliage before new leaves emerge.
- White Mexican Petunia is a vigorous, upright, Mexican petunia (also called Mexican blue bell) that typically grows in a clump to 3-4 feet tall. Tubular, petunia-like flowers bloom freely from the leaf axils from late spring to frost on greenish-purple stems clad with linear, willowy, sword-shaped, green leaves.
Last update on 2023-11-28 / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
View on Amazon
White Mexican Petunia – 10 Live Plants – Ruellia Brittoniana – Drought Tolerant Blooming Ornamental
If you’re looking to add a touch of elegance to your garden or outdoor space, the White Mexican Petunia is an excellent choice. With its petunia-like flowers that bloom continuously throughout the warm season, this ornamental plant is sure to captivate your senses and bring beauty to any landscape.
The White Mexican Petunia boasts broad clumps of tall, upright, woody stems adorned with narrow, elongated, dark green leaves. Its pristine white flowers are reminiscent of petunias, creating a stunning display that is sure to catch the eye. Plant it towards the rear of a border or use it as an accent in a mixed container, and watch as it becomes the focal point of your outdoor design.
One of the standout features of the White Mexican Petunia is its versatility and adaptability. It thrives in organically rich, well-drained soil, and can even grow vigorously in wet soils. This makes it ideal for waterwise gardens or areas with varying soil conditions. It is also highly tolerant of moderate drought, making it a low-maintenance choice for those who may not have the time or resources to provide regular watering.
For best results, the White Mexican Petunia prefers full sun to bloom at its fullest potential. This means placing it in an area that receives at least six hours of direct sunlight per day. During the first growing season, it is important to water deeply and regularly to establish a strong root system. Once established, you can reduce the frequency of watering. To ensure a neat appearance, prune back old foliage before new growth emerges in spring.
Not only is the White Mexican Petunia a stunning addition to your outdoor space, but it also makes an excellent free-blooming plant in large containers. If you have limited space or want to create a focal point on your porch or patio, this plant will not disappoint. Additionally, it can be grown indoors as a houseplant, bringing its beauty and elegance to the interior of your home.
In areas where the White Mexican Petunia is not winter hardy, it can still be enjoyed as an annual flowering plant. It can be effectively grown in bog gardens, as a pond marginal, or in beds and borders. Its adaptability allows it to thrive in various settings, making it a versatile choice for any landscape design.
Established White Mexican Petunia plants are drought tolerant, requiring less water once their root systems are established. They bloom best in full sun, allowing their flowers to shine brightly against the lush green foliage. With the proper winter protection, these plants may even be hardy to USDA zone 7.
With its vigorous growth habit, the White Mexican Petunia typically grows in a clump to 3-4 feet tall. Its tubular, petunia-like flowers bloom freely from the leaf axils, creating a breathtaking sight from late spring to frost. The greenish-purple stems and linear, willowy, sword-shaped, green leaves only add to its captivating allure.
Overall, the White Mexican Petunia is a must-have for any garden or outdoor space. Its captivating flowers, adaptability, and drought tolerance make it a perfect choice for both experienced gardeners and beginners. Whether planted in a border, container, or indoor setting, this ornamental plant is sure to bring beauty and elegance to your surroundings. Don’t miss out on the opportunity to add this remarkable plant to your collection.